Résumé | Andrew G. Begin
I’m a marketing guy who gets excited about solving complex communications problems. I’m interested in connecting and partnering with smart individuals and organizations.
I work best with a dry erase marker in hand and live by a basic set of rules:
1) Give 100%.
2) Integrity is trump.
Owner | AGBegin Consulting
(San Diego, CA / Sept. 2013 - Present)
Marketing and experience design rooted in simplicity and authenticity.
- Integrated Marketing Strategy: Help clients step back from "traditional vs. digital" and see their marketing as a system of brand experiences and customer touch points.
- Experience Design: Research stakeholder (customer, employee, vendor, etc.) perceptions and experiences to identify hurdles and opportunities for improvement.
- Execution: Implement, measure and evolve recommended tactics (web design/development, social media marketing, online/traditional advertising, content development).
Instructor & Advisor - Continuing Education | University of San Diego
(San Diego, CA / Mar. 2013 - Present)
Teach social media engagement strategy rooted in marketing and communications fundamentals.
- Debunk Myths: Convey social media as a two-way communication channel, not another employable “marketing tactic.”
- Tactical Engagement: Demonstrate and guide social media account setup, integration and engagement across networks.
- Strategy Development: Empower students with the information and materials needed to craft an executable social media strategy.
Director of Strategy & Business Development | PINT, Inc.
(San Diego, CA / Mar. 2013 - Aug. 2013)
Lead client acquisition, satisfaction and retention efforts.
- Management: Lead sales and marketing teams and efforts across PINT, Inc. and its software products.
- Strategic Planning: Provided guidance and direction for continual evolution towards predefined goals and outcomes for PINT and its clients.
- Education: Fostered ongoing education and growth among internal and external team members.
Director of Marketing | PINT, Inc.
(San Diego, CA / Jan. 2010 - Mar. 2013)
Lead marketing and strategy development initiatives for PINT and its clients.
- Business Development: Pitched new business with sales team to bring on new clients for website development and online marketing, and facilitate existing client growth.
- Marketing Strategy: Crafted online marketing strategies to drive website development, conversion optimization and customer engagement.
- Content Development: Developed copy, taglines and content for websites, blog posts, email newsletters, case studies and sales presentations for PINT and its clients.
Director of Business Development | ZingChart
(San Diego, CA / Jan. 2010 - Aug. 2013)
- Sales: Generated revenue in the form of Enterprise, SaaS, and OEM software agreements as well as e-commerce website sales.
- Online Marketing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Public Relations and influencer networking, PPC and online banner advertising, email marketing, viral/content marketing and social media efforts.
Account Manager | Martino & Binzer
(Farmington, CT / Sept. 2008 - June 2009)
Managed the agency’s most profitable client.
- Project Management: Developed, budgeted and coordinated the implementation of six strategic marketing plans for a large multi-faceted organization. Work involved website development, on and offline advertising and direct mail campaigns.
- Presentation Development & Delivery: Outlined, authored and designed more than four hours of presentation material for a client’s annual marketing retreat. Presented to the attendees on social media findings and recommendations.
Account Executive | Mintz & Hoke Communications Group
(Avon, CT / June 2006 [intern] - Sept. 2008)
Managed multiple B2B and B2C clients with annual billings in excess of $2 million.
- Strategic Branding: Coordinated and oversaw the re-branding of a large corporation including logo and tagline development and creative execution through media placements.
- Information Architecture: Designed the site architecture and wireframes for a 75-page website with multiple disparate audience types.
B.S. in Marketing | University of Maryland
(College Park, MD / Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2006)
Fell in love with marketing. Graduated with a Hinman CEOs Entrepreneurship certification.
Free Time / Volunteer Activities
Social Media Strategy | Difference Makers International
(San Diego, CA / April 2014 - Present)
(San Diego, CA / November 2013 - Present)
Electric Bass and Rhythm Guitar | The Accidentals Band
(San Diego, CA / Dec. 2010 - Present)