Resume | Andrew G. Begin
I believe that success should be measured by the positive impact an organization has on the world. Tomorrow's great organizations will be those who answer not just to shareholders, but to employees, customers, vendors, and the greater community at large.
As a strategist with 10+ years of experience, I'm focusing on helping large organizations lead the way and drive positive impact through customer-centric design processes. I'm always looking to connect with individuals and organizations who want to use empathy and inquiry to drive business value.
Sr. Strategist | Mirum Agency (a WPP/JWT Company)
(San Diego, CA / Jul. 2015 - Present)
Driving business transformation and innovation via customer-centric design processes.
- Digital strategy and execution: Lead strategist responsible for maintaining and evolving digital presence and capabilities for multi billion-dollar global technology company.
- Service design leadership: Develop and deliver processes, tools and methodology to bring service design tools to clients and opportunities.
Owner | AGBegin Consulting
(San Diego, CA / Sept. 2013 - Present)
Marketing and experience design rooted in simplicity and authenticity.
- Integrated Marketing Strategy: Help clients step back from "traditional vs. digital" and see their marketing as a system of brand experiences and customer touch points.
- Experience Design: Research stakeholder (customer, employee, vendor, etc.) perceptions and experiences to identify hurdles and opportunities for improvement.
- Execution: Implement, measure and evolve recommended tactics (web design/development, social media marketing, online/traditional advertising, content development).
Instructor & Advisor - Continuing Education | University of San Diego
(San Diego, CA / Mar. 2013 - Present)
Teach social media engagement strategy rooted in marketing and communications fundamentals.
- Debunk Myths: Convey social media as a two-way communication channel, not another employable “marketing tactic.”
- Tactical Engagement: Demonstrate and guide social media account setup, integration and engagement across networks.
- Strategy Development: Empower students with the information and materials needed to craft an executable social media strategy.
Director of Strategy & Business Development | PINT, Inc.
(San Diego, CA / Mar. 2013 - Aug. 2013)
Lead client acquisition, satisfaction and retention efforts.
- Management: Lead sales and marketing teams and efforts across PINT, Inc. and its software products.
- Strategic Planning: Provided guidance and direction for continual evolution towards predefined goals and outcomes for PINT and its clients.
- Education: Fostered ongoing education and growth among internal and external team members.
Director of Marketing | PINT, Inc.
(San Diego, CA / Jan. 2010 - Mar. 2013)
Lead marketing and strategy development initiatives for PINT and its clients.
- Business Development: Pitched new business with sales team to bring on new clients for website development and online marketing, and facilitate existing client growth.
- Marketing Strategy: Crafted online marketing strategies to drive website development, conversion optimization and customer engagement.
- Content Development: Developed copy, taglines and content for websites, blog posts, email newsletters, case studies and sales presentations for PINT and its clients.
Director of Business Development | ZingChart
(San Diego, CA / Jan. 2010 - Aug. 2013)
- Sales: Generated revenue in the form of Enterprise, SaaS, and OEM software agreements as well as e-commerce website sales.
- Online Marketing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Public Relations and influencer networking, PPC and online banner advertising, email marketing, viral/content marketing and social media efforts.
Account Manager | Martino & Binzer
(Farmington, CT / Sept. 2008 - June 2009)
Managed the agency’s most profitable client.
- Project Management: Developed, budgeted and coordinated the implementation of six strategic marketing plans for a large multi-faceted organization. Work involved website development, on and offline advertising and direct mail campaigns.
- Presentation Development & Delivery: Outlined, authored and designed more than four hours of presentation material for a client’s annual marketing retreat. Presented to the attendees on social media findings and recommendations.
Account Executive | Mintz & Hoke Communications Group
(Avon, CT / June 2006 [intern] - Sept. 2008)
Managed multiple B2B and B2C clients with annual billings in excess of $2 million.
- Strategic Branding: Coordinated and oversaw the re-branding of a large corporation including logo and tagline development and creative execution through media placements.
- Information Architecture: Designed the site architecture and wireframes for a 75-page website with multiple disparate audience types.
B.S. in Marketing | University of Maryland
(College Park, MD / Aug. 2003 - Dec. 2006)
Fell in love with marketing. Graduated with a Hinman CEOs Entrepreneurship certification.
Singer/Songwriter | andrewbeginmusic.com
(San Diego, CA / November 2013 - Present)
Lead Vocals and Guitar | Rosewood & Rye
(San Diego, CA / Dec. 2013 - Present)
Electric Bass and Rhythm Guitar | The Accidentals Band
(San Diego, CA / Dec. 2010 - Present)