Resume | Andrew G. Begin
I believe that success should be measured by the positive impact an organization has on the world. Tomorrow's great organizations will be those who answer not just to shareholders, but to employees, customers, vendors, and the greater community at large.
As a business and design strategist with 10+ years of experience, I'm focusing on helping large organizations lead the way and drive positive impact through customer-centric design processes. I'm always looking to connect with individuals and organizations who want to use empathy and inquiry to drive business value.
Associate Director, Strategy | Mirum (a WPP/J. Walter Thompson Company)
(San Diego, CA / 2017 - present)
Deliver business impact for Fortune 500 companies (e.g. United Healthcare, Qualcomm, Mazda). Grow and improve agency service offerings and business development processes.
- Staffing and resourcing: Build and direct teams of Design/UX Strategists to identify and solve complex problems using user-centric design principles.
- Service design methodology: Craft and sell-in a service design approach in order to help B2B and B2C clients drive innovation and improve customer experience (CX) across all channels and touchpoints.
- Key account growth: Cultivate consultative relationships to help clients succeed and drive growth. Lead efforts resulting in 10%+ revenue growth across two of Mirum’s largest clients.
- Cross-functional leadership: Empower and challenge team members across all levels and departments to expand and apply their skills towards personal and organizational growth.
Sr. Strategist | Mirum Agency (a WPP/J.Walter Thompson Company)
(San Diego, CA / 2015 - 2017)
Driving business transformation and innovation via customer-centric design processes.
- Large-scale digital integration: Led strategic planning and execution teams tasked with integrating digital websites and applications for a $38B acquisition in the technology/Internet of Things (IoT) space.
- Digital transformation roadmapping: Developed and maintained multi-year strategic roadmaps that resulted in effective collaboration and delivery across multiple business units and partner agencies.
- Prototyping: Designed and tested prototypes to validate hypotheses and make informed recommendations. Crafted and presented business cases to senior executives, securing funding for development phases.
Experience Design Consultant | Freelance
(San Diego, CA / 2013-2015)
Grew client businesses by improving CX and optimizing marketing spend. Delivered research, strategic roadmaps, website development, email marketing, social media strategy, video, physical collateral and more.
- Omnichannel marketing strategy and execution: Crafted and executed cross-channel strategies that made use of organic and paid media across Facebook, Youtube, Google, Yelp and more.
- Website development: Managed teams of freelance professionals to design and develop websites involving ecommerce and lead generation tools.
- Data-informed evolution: Utilized analytics and other data to identify and implement updates to website and marketing programs, resulting in 100% YOY lead gen improvements.
Adjunct Professor & Advisor - Continuing Education | University of San Diego
(San Diego, CA / 2012 - 2016)
Designed and launched the Online Marketing Strategies program in collaboration with USD Continuing and Professional Education Department. Developed curriculum and taught Social Media Marketing course.
- Program development (2012): Developed the curriculum structure and course topics for USD’s Online Marketing Certificate program.
- Social media marketing course curriculum: Designed and continually evolved curriculum for USDMKT-805 Social Media Marketing and taught more than 60 students across 5 semesters.
Director of Strategy & Business Development | PINT, Inc.
(San Diego, CA / 2010 - 2013)
Led business development team that landed large web platform and digital transformation projects for $1B+ organizations. Managed team members across multiple disciplines.
- Team growth and management: Identified resourcing needs, developed job descriptions, hired for and managed sales, account service and marketing team members.
- Digital transformation strategy: Led research and strategy working groups that designed and delivered on a digital transformation roadmap involving customer-facing and enterprise-facing applications and projects.
- Software sales: Brought a software product (ZingChart) to market, selling more than $1M in revenue within two years. Clients: Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, Alcatel-Lucent, NASDAQ, more.
Account Manager | Martino & Binzer
(Farmington, CT / 2008 - 2009)
Managed the agency’s largest and most profitable client. Delivered implementation strategy for the development and launch of seven websites as part of an organization’s web platform overhaul.
Account Executive | Mintz & Hoke Communications Group
(Avon, CT / 2006 - 2008)
Managed B2B and B2C clients with billings in excess of $2 million. Managed brand development, creative development, digital strategy, omnichannel advertising (TV, radio, print, online, outdoor).
Design Leadership Certificate | Cooper
(San Francisco, CA / 2016)
B.S. in Marketing | University of Maryland
(College Park, MD / 2003 - 2006)
Hobbies & Interests
Singing, writing and playing music.
Making and installing a new rosewood bridge on an old Gibson guitar.
Learning and sharing new skills and ideas.